Nippon Sharyo Metra commuter cars
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Price: Type 8500 cab car, $139.95; Type 6000 trailer, $119.95; and three-pack (cab car and two trailers), $379.85
Era: Present day
Manufacturer: Atlas Model Railroad Co., 378 Florence Ave., Hillside, NJ 07205, 908-687-0880, shop.atlasrr.com
Nippon Sharyo Metra commuter car features:
- 21-pin plug for optional Digital Command Control operation
- Illuminated, directional light-emitting-diode (LED) headlights, ditch lights, and marker lights on cab car
- Interior with seat detail and LED illumination
- Metal wheels and couplers
- Minimum recommended radius: 22”
- Provision for mounting a speaker
- Separate, factory-applied air horn, antenna, lift lugs, and diaphragms
- Scheduled for release in second quarter 2023
Road names: Metra (Type 6000 trailer in 16 road numbers and Type 8500 cab car in three numbers). Two differently numbered Metra three-packs (cab car and two trailers) also available.
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, S, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please email Senior Editor Cody Grivno at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.