Rapido Electro-Motive Division E8 Amtrak No. 4316
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Price: With dual-mode ESU LokSound sound decoder, $399.95
Manufacturer: Rapido Trains Inc., 500 Alden Road, Unit 21, Markham, Ontario L3R 5H5 Canada; 905-474-3314; rapidotrains.com
Electro-Motive Division E8 Amtrak No. 4316 features:
- Plastic and etched-metal details
- Unique nose with missing MU door
- Correct back ends, steam generator details and Farr side grills
- Passenger pilot
- Rebuilt side panels without portholes
- No fuel tank skirts
- PRR-style nose lift lugs
- Die-cast metal chassis
- All-wheel electrical pickup
- Light-emitting diode lighting including headlights, class lights, backup lights, ground lights, cab lights, and more
Release date: Available now
Road names: Amtrak (“Day One” scheme in black with “Arrow” logo in blue and red).
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, S, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please email Senior Editor Cody Grivno at email@example.com and Associate Editor Bryson Sleppy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.