Great Northern St. Cloud-built 50-foot combination-door boxcar
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Price: To be announced (general price will be in line with current ready-to-run prices)
Era: 1961 to 1980s (era varies depending on paint scheme)
Manufacturer: Moloco, 302-5025 Harvard Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5M 0W6, molocotrains.com
Great Northern boxcar features:
- 50-ton trucks with metal wheelsets
- Car-number-specific handbrakes (Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing, and Universal)
- Different lettering placement for individual car numbers on repainted cars
- Fixed-frame design with manual brake wear controls
- Kadee scale whisker couplers
- Metal stirrup steps in specific GN styles
- Nailable steel floor and high weight floor loading
- Rubber air hoses
- Stanray R3-4 ends
- Cloud-designed ladders and other appliances
- With or without running boards and shortened ladders as appropriate
- Wire parts for all brake rods and air pipes
- Reservations close on June 15, 2022
- Scheduled for release in second quarter 2023
Road Names: Great Northern (1961 delivery scheme with Rocky and red slanted “Great Northern” lettering in 12 road numbers, 1966 Glacier Green repaint with Empire Builder lettering in four numbers, 1969 Glacier Green Big Sky scheme repaint in one number, 1969 Big Sky Blue Hillyard repaints in three numbers, and Burlington Northern scheme with GN reporting marks in one number).
Company Information: Moloco is a family-owned business that’s been in operation since 1996.
Reproduced from Moloco news release May 2022
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.