Electro-Motive Division GP7 from Athearn Genesis
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Price: Direct-current model with 21-pin NEM connector, $219.99; with dual-mode SoundTraxx Tsunami2 sound decoder, $319.99. Add $10 for Primed for Grime models.
Era: 1949+ (varies on paint scheme)
Manufacturer: Athearn Trains, 2904 Research Rd., Champaign, IL 61822; 800-338-4639; athearn.com
Electro-Motive Division GP7 features:
- Body-mounted McHenry knuckle couplers
- See-through cab windows and full cab interior
- Fuel tank with fuel fillers, fuel gauges, breather pipes, and retention tanks
- Bell placement & type per prototype
- “Nub” style walkway tread
- Etched metal radiator intake grilles and fan grilles
- Air tanks mounted below sill unless noted
- 5-pole skew wound motor
- All-wheel drive with all-wheel electrical pickup
- Light-emitting diode lighting
- Minimum radius: 18”
- Road number specific details
Release date: December 2023
Road names: Conrail (blue with “Can Opener” logo in one road number, without in two road numbers); Maine Central (gold in one road number and “simplified” green paint scheme in two road numbers); Reading (dark green); Santa Fe (blue and yellow, and B-unit in one road number); Western Pacific (gray and orange). Three road numbers unless otherwise noted.
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, S, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please email Senior Editor Cody Grivno at firstname.lastname@example.org and Associate Editor Bryson Sleppy at email@example.com for more information.