Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy steam locomotive
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Era: 1940s to present (varies depending on scheme)
Manufacturer: Broadway Limited Imports, 9 East Tower Circle, Ormond Beach, FL 32174; 386-673-8900; broadway-limited.com
Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big Boy steam locomotive features:
- Die-cast metal boiler, tender body, and chassis
- Synchronized puffing smoke with chuff sound
- Dual-mode Paragon4 sound decoder
- Factory-installed engineer and fireman figures
- Traction tires
- 5-pole can motor with skew-wound armature
- Separate, factory-applied handrails, ladders, piping, whistle, brass bell, markers, number boxes, and more
Release date: Available now
Road names: Union Pacific no. 4014 (“The Big Boy Tour” excursion with standard finish and Promontory Excursion with gloss finish), 1941 with as-delivered aftercooler and 25-C-100 coal tender in three road numbers plus painted black and silver but unlettered, and 1944 with Wilson aftercooler and 25-C-400 coal tender in two numbers plus painted black but unlettered. Also offered in fictional schemes (two-tone gray with aluminum trim and two-tone gray with yellow trim, one number each).
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please e-mail Senior Editor Cody Grivno at email@example.com for more information.