Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Blue Goose
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Era: 1938 to 1956 (depending on scheme)
Manufacturer: Broadway Limited Imports LLC, 9 East Tower Circle, Ormond Beach, FL 32174; 386-673-8900; broadway-limited.com
Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Blue Goose Features:
- Synchronized puffing smoke with chuff sound
- Variable puffing smoke intensity and timing
- Dual-mode Paragon4 sound decoder with Rolling Thunder
- Five-pole can motor with skew-wound armature
- Brass boiler, cab, and tender body
- Die-cast metal chassis
- Light-emitting diode headlight, number boxes, cab light, tender deck light, and rear emergency light
- Factory-installed engineer and fireman figures
- Separate, factory-applied details including handrails, grab irons, ladders, piping, cab glass, whistle, brass bell, markers, number boards, air tanks, and more
- Equipped with rubber traction tires
- Minimum radius: 18”
Release date: Now available
Road names: Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Blue Goose (as-delivered with and without road number on side of tender and early 1939, 1941, 1950, and 1951-1953 appearance). Also available painted brass but unlettered.
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, S, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please email Associate Editor Bryson Sleppy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.