Athearn Genesis National Steel Car 6400 gondola
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Price: Single car, $64.9; two-pack, $109.99
Era: 2012 to present (varies depending on paint scheme)
Manufacturer: Athearn Trains, 2904 Research Rd., Champaign, IL 61822; 800-338-4639; athearn.com
National Steel Car 6400 gondola features:
- Multiple body styles, end variations, top chords, and ladder variations
- Brass stirrup steps
- Metal grab irons
- Brake piping with metal and plastic components
- Etched-metal crossover platforms where appropriate
- Newly-tooled Barber S-2-E, 100-ton trucks with animated bearing caps
- Includes removable scrap load
- Body-mounted McHenry lower shelf couplers
- Minimum radius, 22”; recommended radius, 24”
Release date: December 2023
Road names: American Iron & Metal (gray); Cardella Waste Service Of New Jersey (green with white Cardella lettering); DEAX (gray); IWWX (dark green); Murphy Road Recycling LLC (black); and Residco (gray with OFOX reporting marks). Two single road numbers and one two-pack per paint scheme.
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, S, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please email Senior Editor Cody Grivno at firstname.lastname@example.org and Associate Editor Bryson Sleppy at email@example.com for more information.