Athearn Genesis General Electric AC4400CW diesel locomotive
Scale: HO (1:87.1)
Price: Direct-current model with 21-pin NEM connector, $269.99; with dual-mode SoundTraxx Tsunami2 sound decoder, $369.99
Era: 1995+ (varies depending on paint scheme)
Manufacturer: Athearn Trains, 2904 Research Rd., Champaign, IL 61822; 800-338-4639; athearn.com
General Electric AC4400CW features:
- Light-Emitting Diode lighting including illuminated number boards, ground lights, front and rear walkway lights, and marker lights where appropriate
- Etched, see-through walkway steps
- Animated roller bearing caps
- Uncoupling levers
- See-through cab windows and full cab interior
- Celcon handrails
- Fuel tank with fuel fillers, fuel gauges, & breather pipes
- Brass horns correct to the prototype
- McHenry knuckle couplers
- All-wheel drive and all-wheel electrical pickup
- Minimum radius, 18”; recommended radius, 22”
- Road number-specific details
Release date: December 2023
Road names: BNSF Ry. (orange and green Heritage II scheme); Canadian Pacific (red in CP Rail System “dual flags” scheme); Ferromex (green, red, and white); Kansas City Southern (gray and red); Quebec Cartier Railway (blue, red, and white); and Union Pacific (Armour Yellow and Harbor Mist Gray). Three road numbers per scheme.
News & Products is a regular feature of Trains.com for model railroad operators and builders to get the latest information about locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, tools, track, and more. Model railroad product news may include HO, N, O, S, and Z scales. Product release dates and prices will vary according to each manufacturer.
If you are a manufacturer and have new product releases, please email Senior Editor Cody Grivno at firstname.lastname@example.org and Associate Editor Bryson Sleppy at email@example.com for more information.